Tuesday, October 8, 2013

3rd time a charm? We'll find out.

Well, here I am again.  Treadmill has been a failure, even after install of a TV.  After about 10-15 minutes, I have knee pain and shin pain forcing me to stop and get dejected.  Time after time.  So where do I go from here......

A friend of mine joined a gym this summer and has lost a ton of weight.  Today, I went to the gym to get a tour and some membership info.  After about an hour there, I decided to take the jump.  The gym has 2 full workout areas (1 with just free weights and 1 with machines), a 1/16 mile walking/running track, full cardio area (treadmills, ellipticals, various bikes, steppers, etc), pool, sauna, hot tubs and the winner for me - personal trainers are included.  With his referral, the initiation fee was waived, saved $11/month for signing up immediately and another $100 for paying in full.  I figure, if they are going to lock me into a 12 month contract and bill me anyway, might as well pay up front and save some $$$.

I have my first session with a trainer tomorrow and can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment